Sunday, August 9, 2009

Well. We won't have to argue about *that* anymore.

Faulkin came 'round the Lounge the other night. Was a bunch of people there, we all had a real nice time. I almost always have guests these days, it's real shiny.

And, so. Faulkin asked me about the warbot, where we'd hidden it away. I know we weren't supposed to talk about it, or tell anyone, so that that Nack person would find her, but I know I can trust Faulkin. You can see it in his eyes, you know?

So, yeah. He asked me to tell him were we hid the 'bot. Vega told me it was a bad idea, but I know what I'm doing, most of the time. Me and Faulkin hiked up to the old lab, and I took him down and showed him the pit.

Me and Faulkin by the pit

He told me it was a real fine idea to get the 'bot out of Firefly's, and... he had some plans he didn't tell me beforehand. I was busy talking with him, didn't notice him setting up all these 'splosives.

Faulkin's claymores

I told him I promised Emma I wouldn't do anything to the bot, but he convinced me it was the right thing to do. So we ran outta there and he detonated the 'splosives, and that was that. I ain't been down to look at the wreckage, but I can't imagine there's much left.

Ain't sitting completely right with me, but... Faulkin's a good man. I trust his judgement. Now I just gotta get around to telling Emma...

Speaking of Emma, she gave me a hand today, wielding hammer and saw, as I set to work making the Lounge a bit bigger. I figured we needed a dance floor, and so we got to working on that. It turned out real shiny, there's a lot more room now.

Dancing with Emma

Dancing with Emma

Me and Emma celebrated by breaking in the dance floor, and I was glad to see that Emma's leg has healed up enough for her to break out some moves the way she did. Zade and Faulkin was there, too, but they got distracted by things that apparently hold greater appeal to men than dancing ladies.

Boys and their toys

After a bit the new doctor, miss Lina Footpad, came to dance with us, and before we knew it, Zade and Faulkin were back, and Charly came round too.

Dancing in the revamped Lounge

Almost had ourselves a real shindig, and I didn't even spread the word. I gonna be adding some things to the place in the next couple days, and then I hope we can draw a really big crowd. Shiny.

I still need a drink, but for good reasons this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment